Monday 4 October 2021

Review of Pretty Boy Detective Club

 The Storyline sounded kind of dumb, I’m not going to lie. Although after the first few episodes I kind of ate my own words. I was more hooked into this show then other shows that I thought was going to be AMAZING. I liked the concept that every few eps were a new “Arc” “main plot” but still throughout there was a major plot going on. They managed to balance the genres of “Comedy” and “Mystery” in a balanced way so that it wasn’t boring or had funny moments in awkward places unless it was needed. The concept about the main characters certain unique trait is well done and honestly, I wished I had it. Although I am glad that although sometimes you may have something that you excel in, you may have some things you lack, or it may lead to something going wrong. The pacing for most of the time was good but I found some arcs could have been shortened, while others extended.

The Animation is what drew me in to begin with, not the description. With brightly coloured animation it was hard not to look away. I never saw any issues with the Animation at all and I think I would have noticed if it had been something drastic. The Sound for this Anime was good, and I found the VA’s did an excellent job portraying their characters. The opening is one of the catchiest songs I listed to that season. The different ending songs sang by the VA’s were all sweet and nice but nothing very memorable.


The Characters I think was the other thing that got me to pay attention to this Anime. With all the characters looking and acting all unique.  Although I liked all the characters in this Anime, I can’t really talk about everyone, but I can talk about a couple. Mayumi is the main female protagonist where most the attention is focused on. She has the most beautiful eyes and purple hair. I love her personality and the way she tries to do stuff on her own but can also accept help. Manabu is the main male protagonist and I also never clicked until it was revealed. He is a child, not even a teenager and he act like an adult. I am assuming the way to look at is, he has a body of a child, the age of a child but a mind of an adult. Oh, how I wish I could be a child still. He is funny and I do like his look on things and how he puts certain things in perspective.


Overall, my opinion on this Anime is “Never judge a book by its cover” …I swear I said this to a previous Anime review…When will I learn. I loved this show and although it wasn’t perfect it was still very much enjoyable. If you loved Ouran High School Host Club and Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! then you will enjoy this ride. 

8/10Story
      
9.5/10Animation
      
9/10Sound
      
9/10Characters
      
8.8/10Overall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Music