Tuesday 3 May 2022

Review of Black Clover

The Storyline does at first sound like any other Shounen show which has Magic, Rivalry and Never giving up but I will say it does have some unique elements. This show is amazing at showing growth in a fast or slow-paced depending on the situation. Only in the first few episodes am I shown that people aren’t strong just out of “I have magic, so I am strong”. Even with the magic they must learn to harness it and adapt to it. Nearly every character bar few have their downfalls, or I guess another way of putting it, a weakness. The thing is this show then SHOWS how they train and get over each hurdle that gets in their way. An example without spoiling is Noelle who can’t fly due to circumstances, but she doesn’t just give up and let it be; she perseveres. The fighting scenes are good, and the emotional scenes are for the most part decent.

The Animation at times could be a total mess but at other times it could be MAGICAL and amazing. In normal situations when they are standing around or doing minimal things the Animation is just like in any other Anime; nothing too amazing and it doesn’t affect my viewing of the Anime. When fight scenes occur you expect a certain quality and at times it was met but then at other times it would be REALLY bad, to the point I am disappointed. Luckily it was good more than bad. The Sound element is a story. I don’t like hating on people but to begin with the “VA” for Asta was the most annoying voice ever. I will though give credit where it’s due; I feel not only did I just get used to it but I think the “VA” improved massively. There was 13 openings and 13 endings, and I only hated a few songs all together. Many of the songs were fitting and catchy and then a few I adored. My 3 favourite openings were opening 3 & 10 “Black Rover” & “Black Catcher” respectively by “Vickeblanka” and opening 12 “Eien ni Hikare (永遠に光れ)” by “TOMORROW X TOGETHER”. My 3 favourite endings were ending 4 “four” by “Faky”, ending 10 “New Page” by “INTERSECTION” and ending 13 “Beautiful” by “TREASURE”.

The Characters were all unique. Asta is one of the main characters and off the bat we see he is different to everyone else. That being that while everyone else can use magic to some degree, he just can’t. No matter how much he trains and tries; but do you want to know what, he never gives up. Yuno is another main character and is the total opposite to Asta. He is blessed with a massive amount of magic and can do it with ease. Although I say opposite, I do have to say he also works hard to get to where he is. Their personalities are also opposites and at times both can be entertaining but also both can be annoying. The last main character is Noelle; born into royalty but unable to control her power. She is also someone with great amount of magic just like Yuno but is unable to control it as well. Just like the two main guys, she doesn’t give up but instead she trains and doesn’t let anything or anyone stop her. Even her own family see her as weak but with the help of friends she wants to prove them wrong. Other characters in this show that I love were Yami, Finral and Nero.

Overall this show had moments where I really wasn’t into it but then the moments that did deliver managed to outshine and make me forget about the weaker parts. From the fighting to the powerful speeches. This Anime was amazing, and I can’t wait for the Movie and then hopefully we will get a season two. If you like Bleach or Fairy Tail then you will most likely like this.

9/10Story
      
7.5/10Animation
      
8/10Sound
      
9.5/10Characters
      
8.9/10Overall


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music