Monday 30 August 2021

Battle Game in 5 Seconds - Episode 1 - What on earth is this... {SPOILERS}

I wasn't going to start watching anymore "Summer" Anime but then something called me to this Anime; not sure why and after this one episode...still not sure why. 

I will praise it on the fact not once in this first episode was I bored or losing interest. I was pulled into this crazy story and I wouldn't know how to leave even if I tried. 


*SPOILERS AHEAD*




So you have this guy named "Akira" who is a gamer and very analytical and he's currently walking to school while playing "Tetris" on his phone with girls behind him talking about how he's a weirdo. Don't worry, the girls didn't hurt his feelings as he speaks in his mind that he agrees with that statement. Suddenly this random big dude jumps out of a van and just RUNS AT HIM; attacking him etc. "Akira" then steals a bike and rides off. With his quick thinking he manages to find an isolated building which is falling apart as it was in the middle of being demolished. HOW LUCKY WAS HE that a building was just there... ready for him...ready for his quick thinking. He uses his brains to defeat the enemy but then ends up being killed buy a strange, interesting "girl" named "Mion". At this point I am confused and just lost for words for what I just witnessed. 

Moving onto the second part of the episode. More people like "Akira" also got attacked/killed and now there is a huge group of them. They have been killed, therefore they currently don't exist, therefore they don't have any rights etc. They get told by that "Mion" character that they all have a unique gift/power and they are basically test subjects. They also have handcuffs on them which stops them using their power unless it's unlocked. I do like the premise of the handcuffs and I do like how this whole situation is explained but WHAT THE HELL!!!!. 

Onto the last part of this episode. Onto one v one fights and I do love these fights. The fight is now over. HONESTLY couldn't they have not made this fight last just a little longer. It was "Akira" and anther dude who I don't know the name of. He has a power that makes his woods stick into a sword and at this point we didn't know "Akira's". At first it really looked like the main character was going to lose but nope. He wins. His power is "Whatever your opponent thinks your ability is". Make sense of it if you can. To make it simple. He has to make someone believe a power is his power then it will become his power. In this case; he made his opponent think about someone else's ability and made it out that it was also his and then it suddenly was his and he used it to win. I REALY LOVE THIS. I don't recall a time I have seen this before in an Anime. FOR THIS and only this does it mean I will be sticking around for a journey I never thought I was going to go on. 


Episode 1 Rating:  4/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

Music