Saturday 29 January 2022

Review of Sk∞

The Storyline is about Skateboarding, and I have never been into skateboarding. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate it, but I haven’t really been too into it. Well, I wasn’t till I watched this. Not only was this show focused on the sport side to it, but it was also about relationships and had plenty of drama. The drama in this show was intense at times; it helped that it was written really well as I felt the emotions I needed to feel. I cried at times and then I laughed at times. The pacing was done remarkably well, and I was hooked into the plot/storyline so quickly.


The Animation is colourful, bright, and amazing. The animation while skating was done so well, I was invested into the sport more because of how good It looked. The Sound was top tier in all aspects. The background music was epic and fitting. The opening song was catchy and addicting. The ending song was catchy and became a meme all on its own. The voice actors were remarkable, and I also checked out some scenes in dubbed; so different yet amazingly good.


The Characters were all unique and weird; and I mean the good type; in most cases bar one. Reki is one of the main characters. He has an awesome personality and I really related to him in many ways. One of the ways I related to him was when he sees others do better than him and he suddenly felt like he isn’t good enough. There’s been many times in my life where I was proud of something I can do or have done and then have people do better than me, so then I feel like what I did isn’t good enough anymore. Langa is the other main character, and he was just a fresh of breath air. He is amazing and he learns things quickly. His trust in Reki right from the start was what made me like him. I will point out that I do prefer Reki but only by a bit. The relationship between the two main characters was one of the main elements in this show, and no matter how you view this relationship as; it was a strong, real, and pure. The other characters who I did enjoy was Miya and Shadow. Miya because it helped with developing the main characters and Shadow because he’s funny.


Overall I loved this show with all my heart and I really hope that the news of “more” SK8 content is either a Second season or a movie…or maybe we can be lucky and have both. If you are fans of Haikyuu!! and Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club then this Anime is for you. 

10/10Story
      
10/10Animation
      
10/10Sound
      
9.2/10Characters
      
9.9/10Overall



No comments:

Post a Comment

Music