Wednesday 27 November 2019

Review of Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo


The Storyline at the start was unique, in a sense. It started pretty good and I got into it slightly but then halfway through I started to predict things, and just started to get slightly bored from it. I understand what was meant to be shown and how the audience was meant to perceive it as, and how it was meant to be unique and strange, but I felt it was a little too strange.


The Animation well, I couldn't get into the ABSTRACT style they used. I get why they wanted to do it, but I just couldn’t stand it, it was weird and strange and fake. I did start to get used to it, so after that I kind of went with the flow and it didn’t bother me anymore, but for the first half of it, you know the first half when the actual storyline was good I just couldn’t get used to it. The Sound was I guess the only amazing thing going, although I wasn’t a fan of the opening and ending songs, they did suit the Anime and style of Anime and the majority of the Dubbed voice actors did a pretty good job voice acting the characters.


The Characters for the most part were just purely annoying and pathetic. Strange thing is the man that most people hate is most likely the one character that was made up to be the perfect one in my opinion. The parents of the children were just utterly to blame for one of reasons why this Anime wasn’t as good as it could have been.


Overall I did enjoy half of the Anime and I do understand why they did certain things, but I just wasn’t a fan for the most part of the decisions that was made for this Anime.



6/10Story
     
4/10Animation
     
9/10Sound
     
7/10Characters
     
6.5/10Overall


P.S. Some of these Reviews that I am posting, was old Reviews, when I used to write Small Reviews. So some reviews I write will be long and some will be short. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music