Monday 5 July 2021

Spring 2021 Anime...

What can I say about Spring Anime other than the fact I didn't really watch much this season compared to the last season. With this season; I'm finishing less than last season too. 

The one Anime that I still haven't finished...


MARS RED (I don't know why I can't finish this...maybe I will "soon")
I don't know why but I can't finish this just yet. From what I have seen up to "Episode 6" it's not a rubbish Anime but it's something that I keep pushing to the side and I would rather be watching or doing something else. If anyone has seen this and really thinks I am being stupid not finishing this; let me know. I am in love with the Ending song which I have on my Spotify playlist. "And when the night falls upon, I just can't ignore the urge, Don't wanna hurt you, my love, But my heart can feel this urge".

My Rating: N/A
Anime Planet AVG Rating: 3.4/5 Stars


--------------------------

Moving onto the Anime that stole me away and dragged me into their world and wouldn't let me stop thinking about their world.

Fruits Basket the Final (I haven't cried this much since "Clannad")
The amount of times I should have learnt to have tissues on hand and never did. Even my fiancĂ© warned me and he doesn't even watch this. If you have seen my past posts, you will know I have rated Fruits Basket highly ever since the reboot of this franchise. This season is just as good, if not better than the last two seasons. The start of this season is picked up right from the ending of Season two, when we got a big shocker. The emotional rollercoaster I went through watching this season was intense. The pacing of this final season was doing really well and even though this had less episodes than the previous two seasons, not once did I feel that was a bad mistake. The 13 episodes in this season was more than enough to conclude every characters storyline and to finish it without anything being missed out. All the characters had a chance to shine and in some cases; out shine the main characters. Tohru is still my cute innocent cinnamon roll who deserves EVERYTHING and more. I watched this in dubbed so I just want to hand it to the amazing English voice actors who did such an amazing job at their roles. I will say a massive shout out to the VA's of Yuki and Kyo who I felt went above and beyond in a certain scene in one of the episodes that just SHOOCK ME to my core. The opening song was also a good fitting for the show although I did prefer the previous season's opening's and the ending song was catchy. I also found it fitting that a certain clip of the ED just as the song is starting changes depending on what happened in the episode. Overall I really enjoyed all season and loved this season in particular. I can't wait for the spin-off (prequel) for this Franchise. 

My Rating: 5/5 Stars
Anime Planet AVG Rating: 4.8/5 Stars
First Season Rating: 5/5 Stars
Anime Planet AVG Rating: 4.4/5 Stars
Second Season Rating: 5/5 Stars
Anime Planet AVG Rating: 4.5/5 Stars



SSSS.Dynazenon (In my mind, so underrated)
I loved it. I was always going to watch this as I remember how much I enjoyed SSSS.Gridman. Although this isn't a classed as a sequel, it is the same franchise and same universe. A little like how "Iron Man" is in the same universe as "Captain America" but they aren't sequels. I always felt like something was missing in Gridman and I think I found it in this. From the plot, pacing and character development; this was a strong upgrade from Gridman. The fighting in this was amazing and the only downfall for me was I wished the fighting was longer but I do understand they only had 12 episodes to start, develop and finish. All the characters were important to the plot and I wouldn't really say there was "one" main character but rather say a group of main characters. My favourite two main characters were Yomogi and Yume most likely due to how they were develop separately and together. They needed each other to grow stronger and to see their weaknesses and strengths. Having someone who you can rely on through thick and thin is such an important thing and it was showcased really well in this Anime. The opening song was catchy and upbeat and the ending song was really fitting. Overall I was deeply surprised by how much I got into this and felt this was an Anime that I see sticking with me for a while. 

My Rating: 5/5 Stars
Anime Planet AVG Rating: 3.5/5 Stars



Moriarty the Patriot 2nd Season (Crime has never felt so good)
Didn't think it could top last season. I was wrong, so very wrong. From the start to finish I was hooked and waiting every week to watch the next episode was hell. The storyline is continuing on from season 1. The pacing is done really well so I never thought it was going to fast or too slow. So many intense scenes happened in this season and they done really well. Not only did they continue to develop characters that we were already introduced too in season 1 but they managed to introduce more characters and also develop them. My favourite characters in this season were Louis and John, mainly because they are just as important to this show than everyone else and yet I felt they got the least amount of attention. I think all the voice actors in this show did a really job and I was mesmerized by the acting in certain scenes. The opening song was catchy and addicting and the moment it was released I had it on my Spotify playlist fast than you can say "Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes.". The ending song was also good but it will never beat the season 1 ending. Overall this season and most likely final season was such a blast to watch and the finale was epic. If another season were to happen; I will 100% be watching it. 

My Rating: 5/5 Stars
Anime Planet AVG Rating: 4.5/5 Stars
First Season Rating: 4.5/5 Stars
Anime Planet AVG Rating: 4.4/5 Stars
---

Other Anime that was amazing and was just as good or even better than I had hoped:
 Pretty Boy Detective Club - 4 1/2 Stars
Cute, funny and even at times emotional - close to being 5 Stars.
 Tokyo Revengers (First half) - 4 1/2 Stars
Angst, violence and VERY emotional - some things just dragged it down from 5 Stars.
 My Hero Academia 5 (First half) - 5 Stars
Deku.


Thank you for reading and I can't wait to put out more posts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music