Monday 19 July 2021

Review of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba


The Storyline at first glance just seems like an average Shounen show about someone fighting for someone or something important. I was right with the fact it’s about someone fighting for someone but the way it’s shown and portrayed has elements of being unique. This show managed to drag me into a plot that I never knew I needed but so grateful for it. The pacing wasn’t too slow or too fast and I never thought it was boring or dragging. The action in this show was top tier and even when the episodes weren’t centred on the fighting/action it was instead used to develop the story, characters and have moments of comedy.


The Animation was top tier, but I wouldn’t expect anything less when it comes to studio “ufotable”. From the fighting, the elements when attacking and the opening sequence the Animation quality never wavered. It’s very rare I would be in awe and stunned by the amazing quality. The overall Sound quality was fantastic in many cases. The voice actors did an amazing job portraying their roles, especially in the most intense scenes. The sounds they used when fighting was epic, especially when the elements are used, e.g., Water from the main character. Even though this was a two season Anime it only had one opening and one ending but quite frankly I was really happy with that decision. Especially as the songs were sung by LiSA. She really does have an epic voice and it was perfect for Demon Slayer.


The Characters were all remarkably diverse and different but of course I do have my favourites. Tanjirou the main male character is such a sweet guy, and I really couldn’t help but be on his side through thick and thin. I find that with a lot of Shounen Anime the main character is portrayed in a dumb, foolish, and out their kind of guy. This was different in this show. He was out-going, caring and not annoying. He is respectful to everything and tries to show kindness to everyone even if they didn’t deserve it at times. Nezuko is his sister and I just love her. She is pretty, cute, and amazing and I love her bond with her brother. The cute little clips of when she’s smaller and being all adorable is enough to melt my heart. You know how I said that the main character wasn’t annoying etc. They left that in the form of Zenitsu & Inosuke. Do not get me wrong; I love these two characters but now and then they can really get on my nerve for different reasons. They also made me laugh at times, so I guess that’s a give and take kind of situation. I think I need more developments on these two characters. There were many more characters in this show that I liked but I need more screen time if I am to write more about them.


Overall, I really enjoyed this show and it had me hooked right from the start to finish. The epic soundtrack to the remarkable animation quality and the emotions packed into each episode; this Anime is one of my all-time favourites. As of writing this review, a movie is out and a season two is on the way soon. If you enjoyed Anime like: My Hero Academia, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Jujutsu Kaisen or if you just want a good solid action/drama Anime, then this Anime is for you.

9.5/10Story
      
10/10Animation
      
9.5/10Sound
      
9/10Characters
      
9.8/10Overall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Music