Thursday 12 July 2018

My Top 5 Anime in Spring 2018

The Second season has now ended and we are now halfway through the Anime year of 2018. This season was a mix bag of Anime and below it will be my thoughts and feelings. As I have most likely said in past posts, only Anime I have finished this season go on this, for Anime such as Persona 5 will be on the Summer list if it's in my Top 5. 

This list will be a combination of Anime I finished from last season, and Anime that was only 12-13 Episodes long.


Honourable Mention #1
I was very disappointed when I found out it was going to be with new Characters but at the same time intrigued to see how they can pull it off. Although at first I didn’t really find it interesting and wasn’t really drawn to it, eventually I started to find the characters interesting and the show in a whole funny just like the past two seasons. Will I always love the first two more; yes but I am not rating it lower just because of that. This show is for light hearted fun and mainly, most likely for Girls to fan girl.

Honourable Mention #2
I was really temped to not put this in the post, as I have two other Anime with the same star rating as this, but if I were to choose any of them to be a little bit better than the others it would be this. I was so looking forward to this and I honestly though this could have been so AMAZING, but so many things just disappointed me and annoyed me. I hated all the characters bar two and of those is a Dog… a Dog and the other being his female owner aka the Main female lead. She was most likely the only smart one and only humane character in the whole show. She didn’t want to control others and be a jerk and only reason she got roped into this was because of other idiots. The opening song was AMAZING and I didn’t really have any big issues with Animation. The storyline was interesting, but just like a lot of Anime recently; it has a chance to shine and be unique but just fails to do the best.

---

#5
I am a huge fan of Sword Art Online, even with all the hate it gets. When I saw it was going to have a side story of sort with different/new characters I was definitely interested and intrigued. Did I go into it thinking it’s going to be an amazing show; no I didn’t , but I did go into it hoping it will entertain me, make me laugh and have an interesting storyline. I loved the main character so much, I don’t know what made me love her so much but I just do. Pink? Maybe it’s the pink!?. The pacing was good and the majority of the storytelling was good. I just felt like it was very repetitive at times, and some things weren’t really needed. I loved the little mentions to the original series and characters. Opening song was ACE and ending song was good. I don’t want any more of this series, as I felt it worked more on a stand-alone and I can’t wait for the main series of SAO to be back. 


#4
I was sceptical with a new season of Tokyo Ghoul since the last season wasn’t as good as the first and it really disappointed me at times. I actually got really hooked in this series and it managed to change my views on Tokyo Ghoul once again, it made me have the same thoughts and feelings as I had in season one. While watching this series I was confused and lost at times and researching things weren’t getting me anywhere so I assumed as a non-manga reader that because of the mess up with season two it led me confused with this season. Other than that issue I really enjoyed this series, I loved the fights and the characters and development we had. Wasn’t the biggest fan with the opening and ending songs, but insert songs are a whole different story. The ending was good enough, especially knowing that a new season will be out in October. This series was a huge improvement and hopefully it will only go up from now and maybe just maybe I will eventually be able to rate a Tokyo Ghoul series a five star. 


#3
Anime original coming, making its way through the crowd and oh boy was this a ride I really am glad I was part of. I am not going to talk too much about the drama that enfolded in the Anime community with a certain episode, but only to say that I really was disgusted with some people’s behaviour. Back onto the topic at hand, this show was good and I mean it was really good but it kept doing random stuff and bringing stuff into it that maybe wasn’t needed at times. The pace was really good for the majority of the series and although there was some dull episodes, I kind of expect that for Anime series that are longer than 12/13 episodes. I feel that the characters were really good in this show bar a couple of them that I found were kind of dull or annoying. Once again this Anime had a romance element that I loved. Opening song and ending songs were fitting and quite enjoyable. Once again this could have been a perfect Anime but some elements just brought it down a little.

#2
After reading volume one of this Manga, I then found out it was going to be an Anime in this season, and I was suddenly so hyped and so ready for it to be animated. From episode one I got hooked and then once it got post the part I got to with the Manga I was going blind and still enjoying it just as much. I know other watchers were comparing it to the Manga throughout the whole series, but I luckily didn’t have that on the back of my mind. I really enjoyed plots and pace of the series and most of the episodes were really enjoyable and addicting and I do say this show did one other shows do and that leaves it on a cliff-hanger at the end of each episode. The relationship between the two main characters was imperfect in a perfect kind of way. The opening and ending songs were AMAZING. The ending was most likely an Anime original ending as it was kind of rushed. Was this show perfect; no, but it was almost there and it was a ride I really enjoyed being on.

#1
When I first found out Cardcaptor was getting a new season my younger self jumped with joy. I am joking it wasn’t my younger self it was my current self too. The first thing I noticed was how amazing the animation was and sound quality of everything. I got hooked into this universe as soon as episode one was over and wanted more every week. The characters were just as amazing as the first season. As a non-manga reader I can’t tell when it’s a filler or canon episode so to me, it was all really well done and not dragging. The relationship between Sakura and Syaoran is just the cutest, most adorable and the best couple of ANIME. The opening songs were beautiful and the ending songs were catchy and I especially liked the first ending over all of them just that little bit more. Although the ending was what I wanted, everything up till then was perfect to me and that’s why it’s my number one and earned its five stars. 


----

This season was a mix bag of good and bad. Even though half of the Anime I finished this season was good, bar one or two, none were close to being perfect. The Anime that disappointed me could have been so much more. I didn't cover a couple of Anime from this season, so if you want to know more about that then just check out my Anime Planet link on the right side of the blog. Can't wait to be back with my Top Anime Opening songs of Summer 2018. 


Tara
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music