Monday 22 October 2018

My Top 5 Anime in Summer 2018

The third season has now ended and only more left for this year. It's crazy how fast it's going. This Season was the most weird, crazy and unfortunately for some Anime, so disappointing. Anime such as Banana Fish will be on the Top 5 Anime of Fall, but I do want to highlight how amazing the show is.

This list will be a combination of Anime I finished from last season, and Anime that was only 12-13 Episodes long. 


Honourable Mention #1
Persona 5 The Animation (26 Eps) – 3 ½ Stars
What a roller-coaster this show had me on. I was really hyped for this show, right from when it was announced. I do have to admit, I have only played part of the game, so after a certain point I was going in blind. I am very impressed with some parts of the show, how they changed things from Game to Anime. I love the soundtrack and the Animation was good 50% of the time, average 30% and really poor 20% of the time. Some of the episodes was really stupid and not needed. Though with all the ups and downs, the ending was the huge disappointment of it all. To the ones that have completed the game, they may not care but to those who can't or unable to, we are left on a cliffhanger and we have to wait for an OVA near the end of the year. You are kidding me....after 26 episodes, we are left to wait... WAIT!!!. If I have something to say, it's if you don't know what chose, out of Game or Anime...Choose Game 100%. Also I know it's not impossible as Persona 4 The Animation did so well and I loved that one.

Honourable Mention #2
I got hooked in this crazy world from the get go but little things here and there was just not needed. I loved the horror, creepy parts of it and I also loved the relationship that started forming between Rachel and Zack. There was moments where I was bored or found it not needed. Some parts dragged while others was rushed. I do admit that the main part of the lower rating is because it ended on a cliffhanger and you had to wait for the final 4 episodes in a separate series. So I will quickly point out, if I had the final already, this may have been number 5 or higher instead. 

---

#5
This show was actually surprisingly good for the most part. It had a decent plot, interesting characters and good Animation. There was a lot of cliche moments and boring parts thrown in, which really annoyed me and made me disappointed. The majority of the characters were unique and interesting, even the bad characters. There is a certain female character called Ryoko that a lot of people found annoying and not needed but to be honest, she kicked ass and did as much as she could. Not once did I feel she was in the way, if anything, there was other characters that I felt wasn't needed. I loved the fight scenes, and I mean I adored them. I secretly hope for a second season because the ending wasn't the best and I do hope they can do more, but if they don't I can understand why. 

Although this season was amazing, it just couldn’t live up to how good the first season was. There was parts and moments that made me feel disappointed in this show, but then there was moments that reminded me why I love Steins;Gate. The character's were all amazing and portrayed in the right way depending on how the plot was progressing. I felt the first half was really slow and some things just dragged when it could have been done in less episodes and had more episodes focused on situations that needed more time. The tension and being made to sit on the edge of the seat was still present throughout the show and the emotions it had me feeling reminded me of how I felt watching the first season. The ending was actually really neat and awesome. Did I enjoy this show, hell yeah I did, but it just wasn't as good as the first season. Now please no more. Let it be. Time is not to be messed with.

I may be biased when it comes to this show, because any show with hot men… I mean with talented men is a must for me.When this Season was announced I was so happy but also scared to see what will happen as all the Characters were doing different things and aiming for different things. Although at times I felt they were adding in things that weren't needed and dragging out parts and also not enough Rei and Nagisa, I was actually surprised with how AMAZING this was. The character progressions in this series was done really well and I was actually surprised how they managed to put everything together. The opening song was done by OLDCODEX just like the other seasons and it was just as catchy as the others. The ending song was also done by Style Five (the Main 5 Characters VA's). Although I did love the song, it just doesn't beat the other two ending songs they have did. I was slightly disappointed with the ending as it ended mid dive, but because of the text saying more in 2020, I kind of forgive it but.. 2020... 2 years.. we have to wait 2 whole years and of course everyone links it to the Olympics which if it is, that was cleverly done.

I will never not love My Hero, unless they mess it up big time. The only thing that nagged me this season, was I didn't feel as hyped and invested in the second half of the season. The pacing was done really well and I didn't feel like things were rushed, although I kind of wished some parts did go faster. Just like with Free! some character developments and changes were done really well and I love how they take time to not only develop the main character but also the other characters because without the other characters it just wouldn't work, at least not in my opinion. I love the opening and ending songs, although I preferred the second opening and ending over the first ones. After the final two episodes, I am all hyped and ready for the next season that was announced at the end of this season. Until then "PLUS ULTRA!" 

#1
Finally I can rate a Attack on Titan Series 5 stars. I have been waiting for something more in this show and I got it this season. There is certain characters I really wanted to grow up, develop and become something more than just a name. There is two characters that stood out to me as being developed, one developed more as main story where the other was literally just one/two episodes. Those two being Armin and Historia, I will not be saying anything more as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't watched this season yet. The pacing in this season was amazing and the storyline was so well put together. The action in this season is so much better than last season and that could be partially the reason why I loved it so much more. Although I loved the opening and ending song, it just isn't the same as Season 1. I can't wait for the next part of this Season in April. Until then, Slay some Titans. 

----

This season had a lot of sequels and less new Anime. I do have to admit the sequels did do better than the new ones. I didn't cover a couple of Anime from this season, so if you want to know more about that then just check out my Anime Planet link on the right side of the blog. Can't wait to be back with my Top Anime Opening songs of Fall 2018.


P.S.   Sorry it is out late, I have been ill all month, so I have been taking my time with this. 

Tara
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music